ISRAEL, THE MIDDLE
EAST & ASIA
- Visit 'Peace In Jerusalem'
- for more comprehensive
ongoing reports by Retired Pastor/Teacher James McCutchan - Jmccutchan@aol.com
- ABBAS READY TO RESUME TALKS WITH
NETANYAHU WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS
- PA president says Palestinians recognize state of Israel,
not its Jewishness; warns Islamic extremism could reach Israel
if no deal.
By Tamar Pileggi April 4, 2015 - The Times of Israel - Palestinian
Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said that he was ready to resume
peace negotiations with Israel without preconditions, in a marked
departure from comments made last month ruling out the possibility
of negotiating a two-state solution while Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu was in power. In an interview with the pan-Arab media
outlet al-Arab from Ramallah, Abbas expressed his support for
a two-state solution and peace with Israel: I tell the
Israeli people: our hands are outstretched to exist in two states.
I hope that you do not cut down the outstretched hand of peace,
because the alternative will be devastating for everyone.
Abbas said that he had no problem returning to negotiations
with Netanyahu as the representative of the Israeli people
without preconditions. Continued: http://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-ready-to-resume-talks-with-israel-without-preconditions
- OBAMA JUST BLUNTLY TOLD ISRAEL THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT
- Trending story found 2 days ago on conservativetribune.com
There may never be peace in the Middle East, but President Barack
Obama is making sure that the countries of Israel and Iran know
where they stand in his eyes. In a plea presented Friday to the
State Department, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked
that the Iran nuclear agreement have a strong and clear recognition
of the Jewish nations right to exist. Although nice to
hear, its clear that Obama and Netanyahu have very different
ideas about what sort of nuclear deal with Iran is or is not
a threat to Israeal. Moreover, for Obama to sign this deal so
close to Passover shows a complete disregard for the strong relationship
that has always existed between the United States and Israel.
- Obama knows that requiring Iran to accept Israels existence
would kill any hope of a lasting nuclear deal because Iran remains
dedicated to the destruction of the Jewish state.
- Clearly, to Obama, a nuclear deal with Iran - one which will
never stand the test of time anyway - is more important than
the security of Israel. This is no surprise, but its a
little shocking that the president would so clearly articulate
his faulty priorities. Continued: http://conservativetribune.com/obama-bluntly-told-israel/
- MY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LOST SHEEP; THEIR SHEPHERDS HAVE
LED THEM ASTRAY (Jeremiah 50:6)
Nathan Shepard is a bible scholar with a background in theology
and archeology. He has spent more than 17 years studying the
ancient scriptures and how the words of the prophets became historical
fact over time. Now, his spine chilling theory links present
times events to bible prophecies in a clear and concise way...
and foretells a very sinister future for the US. From that moment
on, he decided that he must become a survival expert, train and
prepare for the worst disaster in human history
- MILITARY ACTION AGAINST IRAN STILL POSSIBLE, SAYS ISRAELI
- By Alon Bernstein - 4.6.2015 Huffington Post - JERUSALEM
(AP) A senior Israeli government minister on Monday warned
that taking military action against Iran's nuclear program is
still an option despite last week's framework deal between
world powers and the Islamic Republic. The comments by Yuval
Steinitz, Israel's minister for strategic affairs, reflected
the alarm in Israel over last week's deal, which offers Iran
relief from economic sanctions in exchange for scaling back its
suspect nuclear program. Israeli leaders believe the framework
leaves too much of Iran's nuclear infrastructure intact and could
still allow it to develop the means to produce a nuclear weapon.
- Steinitz, a confidant of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's,
said the government would spend the coming months lobbying the
world powers negotiating with Iran to strengthen the language
in the deal as they hammer out a final agreement. While stressing
that Israel prefers a diplomatic solution, he said the "military
option" still exists.
- "It was on the table. It's still on the table. It's
going to remain on the table," Steinitz told reporters.
"Israel should be able to defend itself, by itself, against
any threat. And it's our right and duty to decide how to defend
ourselves, especially if our national security and even very
existence is under threat."
- Israel considers a nuclear-armed Iran to be a threat to its
survival, pointing to years of Iranian calls for Israel's destruction,
its support for anti-Israeli militant groups and its development
of long-range ballistic missiles that could be armed with nuclear
warheads. Israel which is widely believed to be a nuclear
power says a nuclear-armed Iran would set off an arms
race in the world's most volatile region.
- The framework agreement was announced last Thursday in Switzerland
after years of negotiations between Iran and world powers.
- The deal aims to cut significantly into Iran's bomb-making
technology while giving Tehran relief from international sanctions.
The commitments, if implemented, would substantially pare down
Iranian nuclear assets for a decade and restrict others for an
additional five years. Iran would also be subject to intrusive
- Continued: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/06/israel-iran-nuclear-deal_n_7011938.html
- PUTIN SAYS RUSSIA WILL HELP PALESTINE BECOME AN INDEPENDENT
- March 28, 2015 - Russia will help Palestine in achieving
its goal of becoming an independent state with the capital in
East Jerusalem, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday
in his address to the Arab League summit participants. Russia
will continue contributing to the attainment of this goal [Palestines
independence], working through bilateral channels and through
multilateral channels, including in the Quartet of
international mediators, Putin said.
The Quartet comprising Russia, the United States, the United
Nations and the European Union, was established in 2002, aiming
to reach a long-term peace agreement between Israel and Palestinians.
- THE PALESTINIAN STATEHOOD IDEA BEGINS TO CRUMBLE
- April 9, 2015 - A sea change began within hours of the Israeli
election returns. Thomas L. Friedman, who has devoted much of
his life to promoting Palestinian statehood, declared in his
New York Times column that the idea of a Palestinian state is
not possible anymore. That was followed by his Times
colleague David K. Shipler, another longtime advocate of a Palestinian
state, announcing that the the two-state solution looks
- Just a couple of elite, pro-Palestinian journalists venting
their frustration? Dont bet on it. The American public
is losing faith in Palestine too. Friedman and Shiplers
declarations merely echo the latest poll numbers on the American
publics view of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. A new
Washington Post-ABC News poll has found that Americans
support for the idea of creating a Palestinian state has reached
its lowest point in 20 years. Just 39 percent of Americans support
it; 36 percent are opposed. That 39 percent is down from the
58 percent who backed Palestinian statehood in 2003. And the
three-percentage point gap between supporters and opponents is
the smallest such gap in at least 20 years. http://www.algemeiner.com/2015/04/09/the-palestinian-statehood-idea-begins-to-crumble
WATCHDOG GROUP: SOROS FUNDING CONFLICT IN ISRAEL
- Billionaires philanthropy funds anti-Israel boycott
campaigns, fringe groups.
- By Maayana Miskin - 8/7/2013 Billionaire George Soros
philanthropy is bad news for Israel, according to an in-depth
report from the NGO-Monitor watchdog group. The report listed
the many causes in Israel, or pertaining to Israel, that are
funded by Soros Open Society Foundations.
- Among the top beneficiaries of OSF funding is Human Rights
Watch, which has been criticized for targeting, and falsely libeling,
the state of Israel. Another is J Street, which describes itself
as pro-Israel but has been termed anti-Israel by
others for, among other things, welcoming proponents of a boycott
on Israel at its national conference and honoring IDF soldiers
who refused orders.
- Another recipient of OSF funding is the Institute for Middle
East Understanding, which, NGO-Monitor reports, is headed by
staff who have accused Israel of war crimes and have termed Israel
an apartheid state.
- NGO-Monitor expressed concern primarily over problematic
OSF recipients in Israel.
- Among the Israeli recipients is Adalah, which promotes the
so-called right of return to Israel, which would
allow millions of descendants of Arabs who fled Israel during
the War of Independence to claim Israel as their home (without
reference to the many more Jews displaced during the fighting
and in the years that followed). OSF also funds Al Haq, an Arab
organization based in the Palestinian Authority-controlled city
of Ramallah, north of Jerusalem. NGO-Monitors researchers
described Al-Haq director Shawan Jabarin as a human rights
campaigner by day and a terrorist by night, who is among
the senior members of the PFLP terrorist group.
The extreme-left Israeli group BTselem also receives OSF
funds. BTselem is notorious for publishing one-sided reports,
and for inflating Arab civilian casualty figures. For example,
the group included hundreds of Hamas policemen in Gaza as non-combatants,
and counted Sheikh Ahmed Yassin then the leader of Hamas
as not a definite combatant.
- BTselem has listed OSF as a source of support, but
OSF has not listed BTselem as a recipient, indicating that
the grant may have come through an overseas entity.
- The report listed several other controversial, far-left Israeli
groups that receive direct or indirect OSF Funding, including
Rabbis for Human Rights, Ir Amim, Yesh Din and the New Israel
ISRAELI PM NETANYAHU DECLARES NEW WORLD ORDER AN ANNOUNCEMENT
CLOTHED BY THE WORDS OF THE PROPHET ISAIAH
- HE CALLS ISRAEL THE "NATION OF ETERNITY"!
- Shake thyself from the dust; put on thy beautiful garments,
my people. (Isaiah 52:2)
- NEWS BRIEF: " PM Netanyahu Invokes Message of Prophet
Isaiah to declare "New World Order" ", Breaking
News Israel, April 16, 2015
- "Commemorating Holocaust Remembrance Day in Israel,
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu invoked messages of
the Holocaust and biblical prophecy as a warning directed towards
the expansionist and violent actions of the Iranian regime."
- 'Seventy years ago, the bells of freedom rang in the free
world. The horrific nightmare that had engulfed all humanity
in the depths of blood had come to an end in Europe ... Leaders
of modern countries realized that it was a propitious time to
establish a new world order based on defending liberty, eradicating
evil and opposing oppression."
- I find it highly interesting that Prime Minister Netanyahu
stated two facts about the New World Order:
- 1) This new Order began after World War II.
- 2) The basis upon which this New World Order was established
was the peace and safety created upon the ruins of World War
- Our Bible says something very interesting about declaring
"peace and safety", does it not?
- "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden
destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child;
and they shall not escape." (2 Thessalonians 5:3)
In other words, some time after people begin declaring that the
world has entered into an era of "peace and safety",
world events will come crashing hard down around them. Indeed,
the whole body of New Age writings declare that the New World
Order will be produced by the "peace and safety" which
the New Age Christ (Antichrist) will bring upon the world scene.
- The Prime Minister continues to invoke the warnings of the
- "Quoting the Prophet Isaiah, the prime minister evoked
a message of warning from God 'as the civilized world is lulled
into a slumber on a bed of illusions' ... For, behold, darkness
shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the peoples' said the
Prophet Isaiah. The determination and lessons that were acquired
in blood seventy years ago are now dissipating, and the darkness
and fog of denying reality are taking their place', Netanyahu
- The clear-headed thinking that was forced upon the world
by the shattering and bloody events of Nazi Germany is now being
replaced by fuzzy wishful thinking concerning the true intentions
of certain current leaders.
- Whereas the key leader of the World War II genocide was Germany's
Adolf Hitler, the key leader today is Iran's Ayatollah.
- Both leaders were concerned about Israel's demise and the
annihilation of her citizens. Leaders of the Free World must
wake up, the Prime Minister warns, to realize that Iran is as
much a threat to Israel as Hitler proved to be in World War II.
- Netanyahu continues, quoting Isaiah again.
- "With a message of hope, Netanyahu ended his speech
by invoking the message of Isaiah 52:2, 'Shake thyself from the
dust; put on thy beautiful garments my people'.
- The very existence of tiny Israel, in the daily struggle
against a vast array of enemies, is a testimony to God's Omnipotent
power and His eternal promises. Netanyahu concludes:
- The nation of eternity has shaken itself from the dust, returned
home, stood tall, established an outstanding country and an outstanding
army, the Israel Defense Force, in which our brave and courageous
sons and daughters serve, he stated. We will remember those who
were murdered, we will guarantee life.
- "Nation of Eternity" is an apt description of Israel,
don't you think?
- OBAMA INVITES GULF LEADERS TO THE WHITE HOUSE, CAMOP DAVID
- President to hold talks on Iran, Yemen next month with leaders
of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- By AP April 17, 2015 - WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama
has invited the heads of Gulf Cooperation Council countries to
the White House and then to Camp David. Negotiations over Irans
nuclear capabilities and the turmoil in Yemen are topics high
on the agenda. The White House said Obama will meet with the
leaders of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the
United Arab Emirates in the White House on May 13 and then at
Camp David, the presidential mountaintop retreat in Maryland,
on May 14.
Obama has portrayed the Iran deal as necessary to reduce the
chances of the combustible Middle East becoming even more unstable
with the introduction of a nuclear-armed Iran.
- The Sunni-majority Saudis have made veiled threats about
creating their own nuclear program to counter Shiite-led Iran.
- OBAMA SAYS US OPEN TO TALKS WITH IRAN ON IMMEDIATELY LIFTING
Initial agreement calls for penalties to be removed over time
but president says creative negotiations needed
By AFP April 17, 2015 AP and TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF - Iran accuses
US of creating Islamic State, Boko Haram. Top general claims
Washington sets up terror groups to harm Islam, bolster Israel;
allegation comes as Obama weighs Tehrans demand for full
sanctions relief Iran vows nuclear enrichment without limits
unless sanctions end. Zarif warns world can choose path
of confrontation or path of cooperation
IRAN MARKS ARMY DAY WITH CRIES OF 'DEATH TO ISRAEL, US
Military parade near Tehran features truck carrying banner calling
for destruction of Jewish state; Rouhani sets out strategy
By TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF and AP PM: Israel sees S-300 sale to
Iran with utmost gravity
- Also protesting Irans Death to Israel incitement,
Netanyahu warns at cabinet meeting: Israel will do all
that is necessary to protect its citizens
- By Rahel Jaskow April 19, 2015 - Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu on Sunday said Israel treated Russian President Vladimir
Putins decision to supply advanced S-300 surface-to-air
missiles to Iran with utmost gravity.
- Israel views with utmost gravity the supply of S-300
missiles from Russia to Iran, especially at a time when Iran
is stepping up its aggression in the region and around the borders
of the State of Israel, he said at the start of the weekly
cabinet meeting in Jerusalem.
- The prime minister also reiterated Israels stance about
the framework long-term nuclear deal between Iran and world powers,
saying it didnt address Irans regional military aspirations.
- Israel also views with utmost gravity the fact that
there is no reference to this aggression in the agreement being
made between the major powers and Iran, he said. There
is no stipulation that this aggression be halted, whether at
the start of the agreement or as a condition for the lifting
of sanctions. Yesterday we saw the military parade in Tehran
and Irans exhibition of weapons to the world. Every year
the missiles are bigger and enhanced in accuracy, strength
and deadliness; however, one thing does not change.
- What does not change is the inscription Death
to Israel on the missiles, Netanyahu added. Against
the threats that I have described, Israel will do whatever is
necessary to defend the security of the state and its citizens.
THE FATAL HOLE IN OBAMA'S NUKE DEAL WITH IRAN
- F. Michael Maloof - Regional players have secret overseas
programs to neuter pact's impact
- Published: 04/04/2015 WASHINGTON The nuclear framework
agreement worked out between Iran and the Western powers
has drawn a broad range of reactions, from celebration by the
White House to cautious optimism from Tehrans archenemy
Saudi Arabia to strong criticism from Israel. President Obama
said the interim deal is designed to insure that the Middle East
doesnt engage in a nuclear arms race.
He said it would cut off every pathway to Iran developing
a nuclear weapon, and he hoped it would lead to a fundamental
change in relations between the United States and the Islamic
- House Speaker John Boehner, in contrast, warned that the
parameters represented an alarming departure
from initial U.S. goals.
- He said his immediate concern is the administration
signaling it will provide near-term sanctions relief, referring
to a provision calling for U.S. and European Union sanctions
relief once inspectors verify Irans progress toward the
nuclear-related steps of the deal.
- Congress must be allowed to fully review the details
of any agreement before any sanctions are lifted, Boehner
- Saudi Arabia, which has threatened to have its own nuclear
program, gave cautious support for the framework.
- Everyone wants a serious agreement, said the
Saudi ambassador to the U.S., Adel al-Jubeir.
- However, he wanted to wait for more details of the deal before
- Meanwhile, Irans nuclear negotiator, Foreign Minister
Javad Zarif, received a rock stars welcome in Tehran following
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the framework
agreement threatens the survival of Israel and legitimizes Irans
nuclear program, adding that it would not block Irans
path to the bomb (but) would pave it.
- Continued: http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/will-interim-nuke-deal-provoke-mideast-nuclear-arms-race
ARAB TV COMMENTATORS' CLAIM: OBAMA SUPPORTS IRAN BECAUSE HIS
FATHER WAS SHIITE
- April 16, 2015 - David Daoud - Arab commentators are asserting
that Obama's sympathy towards Iran is a result of his father
being a Shiite Muslim. PHOTO: Wikipedia.
- In a Middle Eastern twist on the unproven conspiracy theory
that Barack Obama is a Muslim, Arab media commentators have claimed
that the American president is supportive of Iran because his
father was a Shiite, media watchdog MEMRI reported on Wednesday.
During an interview on Hiwar TV, broadcasting from London, Syrian
writer Muhyiddin Lazikani said, Barack Hussein Obama is
the son of a Shiite Kenyan father, adding that the childhood
memories of the man who rules the White House are Shiite memories,
influencing his pro-Iranian foreign policy stance. He noted that,
this is why he is so anxious for Iran to emerge victorious,
and to see the Sunni Gulf states lose their regional influence.
- Lazikani tried to stress that he was not peddling some
theory, nor was he being racist, claiming that
his assertions regarding President Obamas Shiite pedigree
were factual. He spent most of his childhood in Mombasa,
Kenya, said Lazikani. I visited this very area, and
I can tell you that it is mostly Shiite.
- REPORT: SWITZERLAND COMES TO AID OF HAMAS, WILL PAY SALARIES
TO GAZA OPERATIVES
- David Daoud March 24, 2015 - Switzerland has put together
a plan to reconstruct the Gaza Strip which includes paying the
salaries of Hamas operatives, according to Palestinian officials
interviewed by Israels NRG website. The plan would also
reestablish the status of the Hamas terrorist organization as
the only authority in the Gaza Strip. In recent months, according
to the report, Hamas has been faced with the danger of collapsing
in Gaza, and turned to Swiss officials for help. Its relations
with Egypt are at their worst ever, and funds intended to rehabilitate
the coastal enclave after Israels Operation Protective
Edge last summer have run out. Thousands of Hamas officials have
not received their salaries for months, leading to weakening
of Hamas legitimacy in Gaza, and raising the specter of
protests against Hamas rule. The Palestinian sources told
NRG that the Swiss jumped into the fray and promised to pay the
salaries of thousands of Hamas officials.
- The issue of salary payments for Gaza based government employees
has been the source of tensions between the Palestinian Authority
and Hamas for some time.
- The terms of the new Swiss program also reportedly include
a resolution to this long-standing crisis between Hamas and the
PA. Just last Sunday, a Swiss delegation arrived in the Gaza
Strip with the goal of reconciling the parties.
- REPORTS FROM ISRAEL REVEAL STARTLING RERUN OF HISTORY
- 'KADURI REVIVAL IS EXPLODING LIKE NEVER BEFORE'
- 4.18.2015 - Rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri claims to have met the
Messiah in vision. They call it the Kaduri Revival
and reports over recent months have confirmed the teachings of
one of Israels most venerated rabbi are leading Jews time
and again to accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah.
- And face persecution.
- Baptist preacher and radio host Carl Gallups says the situation
facing Messianic Jews right now in Israel is reminiscent
of what we read about in the New Testament in the early
days of the church.
- There, he said, Jews accepting a Christian faith were persecuted.
And today, they are facing the same hardships and persecution
the early church faced, he said.
- Gallups is the author of Final Warning: Understanding
the Trumpet Days of Revelation, which cracked the top 100
bestseller list on Amazon as a growing number of political leaders
and media commentators are openly speaking about the end times.
- But Gallups believes one of the least-reported aspects of
this discussion is the rise of Messianic Judaism in Israel.
- One of the key figures in this movement is Messianic Jewish
Rabbi Zev Porat of Messiah of Israel ministries. Porat won another
convert over Passover when a Jew named Yechezke proclaimed his
belief in Yeshua, or Jesus. Yechezke stated, This
is my first real Passover. Now I know that Yeshua is the Passover
Lamb. Porat explained, Yechezkes salvation
on the Feast of Passover is yet another confirmation that we
are closer than ever to the return of our Lord and Savior Yeshua
- The key resource Porat and other Messianic Jews are using
in their evangelism is Gallups book, The Rabbi Who
Found Messiah: The Story of Yitzhak Kaduri and His Prophecies
of the Endtime.
- Continued: http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/reports-from-israel-reveal-startling-rerun-of-history
- AN IRANIAN SHIP CONVOY OF 7 SHIPS IS STEAMING TOWARD YEMEN,
PROTECTED BY A NAVAL DESTROYER
- Is the battle over Yemen about to expand to ocean warfare?
- NEWS BRIEF: " Iranian 7-9 ship convoy moves toward Yemen",
The Hill, April 17, 2015
- "Iran is sending an armada of seven to nine ships some
with weapons toward Yemen in a potential attempt to resupply
the Shia Houthi rebels, according to two U.S. defense officials.
Officials fear the move could lead to a showdown with the U.S.
or other members of a Saudi-led coalition, which is enforcing
a naval blockade of Yemen and is conducting its fourth week of
airstrikes against the Houthis."
- What is the composition of this naval "armada",
because just the name given this convoy implies that some ships
- "Iran sent a destroyer and another vessel to waters
near Yemen last week but said it was part of a routine counter-piracy
mission. What's unusual about the new deployment, which set out
this week, is that the Iranians are not trying to conceal it,
officials said. Instead, they appear to be trying to 'communicate
it' to the U.S. and its allies in the Gulf."
- In other words, the Iranians are getting bolder in their
confidence that Saudi Arabia's war against Yemen will result
in a disastrous defeat against the House of Saud. As we look
again at the Pentagon's New Middle East Map of 2006, we can see
that the planned result is that Saudi Arabia is not only going
to be defeated, they are going to be humiliated!
- News: http://www.cuttingedge.org
FORMER SWEDISH PRIME MINISTER CARL BILDT SAYS ISRAEL NO LONGER
US CHAINED DOG
- April 19, 2015 - According to former Swedish prime minister
and foreign minister Carl Bildt, Irans Supreme Leader Ayatollah
Khamanei is no longer correct to describe Israel as a US
chained dog as things have now changed.
- When Iran Supreme Leader @khamenei_ir says that Israel
is US chained dog he has obviously missed key developments,
Bildt tweeted in Sunday, adding helpfully that the dictator needs
a reality check.
- Bildt was responding to a Twitter rant from Khamenei earlier
in the day in which the leader of Iran said, The cause
of insecurity in the region is the Zionist regime which is the
US chained dog.
- Bildt may have been referring to the recent distance that
has developed between the US and Israel over differences of opinion
in how to handle the Iranian nuclear threat and peace with the
- Over the years, the Swedish politician has been a vocal critic
of Israel and Prime Minister Netanyahu, sometimes taking to Twitter
to chastise the Jewish state. Last year he became the subject
of ridicule for tweeting a satirical news story about an Israeli
travel ban on Sweden as news. http://www.algemeiner.com/2015/04/19/former-swedish-prime-minister-carl-bildt-says-israel-no-longer-us-chained-dog
NEW YORK TIMES ACCIDENTALLY TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE PALESTINIANS
- April 19, 2015 - To read the New York Times, one would think
that the situation in the Judea-Samaria (West Bank) region in
2015 is the same as it was in 1985 or 1975. Israel is occupying
the West Bank, Palestinians are denied the right to vote,
and Palestinian violence is inevitable because Israeli control
makes them feel hopeless. That was more or less the theme of
the Times March 31 feature story on the situation in the
- But every once in a while, a Times reporter lets accidentally
lets the cat out of the bag, and a discerning reader discovers
that the truth is almost the exact opposite of what the Times
is trying to convey.
- Correspondent Diaa Hadid began her lengthy March 31 article
on what was (for her) a hopeful note, pointing out that the
United States and Europe seem ever more ready to pressure Israel
to end its occupation of the West Bank.
- Then, in the 12th paragraph, Hadid mentioned a fact that
must have been confusing to Times readers. The Palestinian Authority
held a presidential election in 2005, she noted in
- Wait a minute. We thought that the Palestinians have all
been disenfranchised by the Israeli occupation. We
were told by the Times and most of the international news
media - that Israel is preventing the Palestinians from exercising
their democratic right to vote. Now it turns out that the Palestinian
Authority did have an election in 2005 - and the only reason
they havent held another one since then is because, as
Hadid wrote, PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas has systematically
snuffed out any challenges to his rule.
- In other words, it is the Palestinian Authority, not Israel,
that is preventing Palestinian democracy. Interesting!
- ISRAELI ECONOMY SAW MASSIVE 7 PERCENT GROWTH IN FOURTH QUARTER
- April 19, 2015 - JNS.org The Israeli economy grew
7 percent in the last quarter of 2014, its highest rate of growth
in recent years, Israels Central Bureau of Statistics reported.
- In the third quarter of 2014, the Israeli economy grew only
0.3 percent while the war with Hamas was ongoing. The economy
grew 1.5 percent in last years second quarter. By the end
of 2014, Israels total economic value crossed the trillion-shekel
threshold and reached its highest-ever amount: 1.09 trillion
shekels ($278 billion).
- Also in the fourth quarter of 2014, new car purchases jumped
75.5 percent in Israel, while purchases of refrigerators, televisions,
washing machines, and dryers all increased about 22 percent.
Purchases of clothing and footwear increased 10.3 percent, while
spending on airfare for trips abroad rose 8.1 percent. The growth
figures indicate that Israels military operation in Gaza
took a smaller-than-expected toll on the countrys economy.
- UNCONFIRMED: UNITED NATIONS HEADQUARTERS TO BE MOVED TO ISRAEL
- UNCONFIRMED: US OFFICIAL: ALL FOREIGN AID TO BE SUSPENDED
EXCEPT FOR ISRAEL
- NEW FILM DEPICTS JEWISH STUDENTS' GROWING INSECURITY ON CAMPUS
- While calling for Jewish pride and Israel advocacy, documentary
portrays North American universities as anti-Semitic battlefields
- By Cathryn J. Prince February 27, 2015 - NEW YORK - Sarah
Abonyi no longer feels free to express her ideas in the classroom.
The University of New Mexico student worries about grade reprisals
from professors who she said routinely denounce Israel during
their courses. As a student the power dynamics are there.
I feel powerless in a sense and very intimidated that these figures
of authority and academic knowledge are basically invalidating
everything I support, she said.
- Abonyi is one of several students featured in Crossing
the Line 2: The New Face of Anti-Semitism, a new documentary
film about the rise of anti-Israel activity and anti-Semitic
rhetoric on North American college campuses.
- There is no longer a separation between fair criticism
of Israel and anti-Semitism, said the films producer
Rabbi Raphael Shore, founder and CEO of Jerusalem U.
- OBAMA: US CAN'T BASE POLICY ON 'DIM' PEACE HOPES UNDER NETANYAHU
- President says Washington will wait to evaluate support for
Jerusalem at UN until after new Israeli coalition formed
- By Lazar Berman Updated: March 25, 2015 - Lazar Berman is
a breaking news editor at The Times of Israel.
- US President Barack Obama expressed doubt Tuesday about the
prospect of a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians
emerging in the coming years under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu,
and indicated that no decision would be made about changing Washingtons
policy of shielding Israel at the United Nations until a new
coalition is formed.
- Netanyahu has a different approach that rejects
a two-state solution, making the possibility of a framework deal
dim, Obama said at a press conference at the White
House on Tuesday, a reference to pre-election comments made by
the PM since clarified - that a Palestinian state would
not be created under his watch.
- After the election, Netanyahu walked back on those comments,
telling NBC: I dont want a one-state solution. I
want a sustainable, peaceful two-state solution but stressing
the grave dangers posed to Israel and the region and the rejectionist
positions of the Palestinian leadership. The White House, however,
has rejected Netanyahus clarification.
- Regarding US support for Israel at the UN, which includes
using its veto at the Security Council, Obama said: We
are going to do that evaluation. Were going to partly wait
for an actual Israeli government to form.
- JORDAN, RUSSIA SIGN $10 BILLION DEAL ON NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
- Amman plans to finish construction of site in Amra in countrys
north by 2022
By Sam McNeil March 25, 2015 - MMAN, Jordan (AP) Jordan
signed a $10 billion deal with Russia on Tuesday to build the
kingdoms first nuclear power plant, with two 1,000-megawatt
reactors in the countrys north.
- The deal, signed in the Jordanian capital, Amman, with Russias
state-owned Rosatom company caps efforts of the energy-poor kingdom
to increase energy sufficiency and reduce imports.
Jordan lacks any local energy sources and imports 96 percent
of its electricity. The violence in neighboring Iraq and Egypts
Sinai Peninsula has threatened and in many cases, completely
cut off supplies.
The kingdoms Petra news agency said Jordan plans to finish
construction of the plant in Amra in the countrys north
by 2022. There are also hopes it will be fueled with uranium
mined in Jordan.
- As you know, we lost the oil from Iraq, natural gas
from Egypt, and the country has been bleeding and losing on an
average $3 billion every year, said Khalid Toukan, head
of the Jordanian Atomic Energy Commission.
- We aim to build a state-of-the art nuclear power plant
that will be a showcase for the region and other newcomer countries,
Toukan said. He also referred to the kingdoms large uranium
deposits discovered in 2007 but still undeveloped.
- Nuclear power is definitely one of the solutions to
graduate from total dependency on oil and gas, he added.
I am optimistic that the raw materials, the yellow cake,
will come from Jordan.
- AFTER VOTE, PYRRHIC VICTORIES FOR BOTH NETANYAHU AND OBAMA
- The PMs defense of his Election Day rhetoric doesnt
quite fit the facts, but the US presidents offensive doesnt
exactly match reality either
- By Haviv Rettig Gur March 25, 2015, 6:18 am 37 week after
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clinched the election, its
increasingly looking like he may have lost something important
when he won in the hard-fought battle for a fourth term. Netanyahu
managed a victory large enough to ensure a right-wing coalition
without meaningful ideological or political gaps among its members,
a relief after the experience of his last government, which was
fractured by widely divergent views. But his opponents won a
kind of victory as well, handed to them by Netanyahus own
campaign strategy, in which he may have been too savvy for his
- It is the White House, though, and not the Zionist Union
party that has worked the hardest to capitalize on Netanyahus
missteps, though the Americans strategy may turn out to
be faulty as well.
- In the wake of Netanyahus warning on Election Day that
Arabs are turning out in droves, the prime ministers
defenders have insisted that Netanyahu was not race-baiting,
but rather conveying a simple political fact: Arabs do not generally
vote for the right, and higher turnout among leftists and Arabs
meant the rights continued rule was in danger.
- Netanyahus comment was clumsy, his defenders acknowledge,
but certainly not racist, they contend.
The only problem with that defense is that the droves
comment came from one of the most politically savvy and careful
politicians Israel has ever known, a man far too sensitive to
have failed to notice that he was warning about Arabs
exercising their right to vote rather than, say, leftists
or anti-Zionists, with whom one might disagree on
- AMID TENSIONS, CIA CHIEF PAYS SURPRISE VISIT TO EGYPT
- US-Egypt relations have been strained since President Sissis
2013 overthrow of elected president Mohammed Morsi
- By AP, AFP and Times of Israel staff April 19, 2015 - CAIRO
- Egypts president has held talks with CIA director John
Brennan in Cairo that touched on regional conflicts and terrorism.
- A government statement Sunday said the meeting between Brennan
and President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi focused on ways of
enhancing bilateral relations and regional issues. It said
both sides agreed to continue consultation and coordination
on issues of mutual interest. The visit by Brennan was
not previously announced.
- Egypt remains a key US regional partner, despite tensions
following el-Sissis overthrow of Islamist President Mohammed
Morsi in 2013, Egypts first-ever freely elected leader
and a member of the now-outlawed Muslim Brotherhood. El-Sissi
has been promoting the idea of a pan-Arab military force to intervene
in regional conflicts, and is active in the coalition against
Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen.
- BARACK OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT OF
- Channel 2 news accidentally bestowed that honorific upon
Obama Saturday night when reporting on a press conference by
the US president. The mistake, in an on-screen ID tag, came at
a time when Israeli concerns over the US-Iran relationship are
particularly acute. Ties between America and Israel have grown
strained in recent months as Obama attempts to work out a nuclear
deal with Iran, on terms Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- Netanyahu has repeatedly protested that the emerging deal
fails to dismantle Iranian nuclear facilities, and instead paves
the way to the bomb for Iran. Obama insists that the deal
is the best means of preventing an Iranian bomb, and has complained
that Netanyahu has failed to present a realistic alternative.
- GETTING NOD TO FORM GOVERNMENT, NETANYAHU STRIKES CONCILIATORY
- Rivlin pans comments about Arab turnout before tasking PM
with crafting government
- By Lazar Berman March 25, 2015 - President Rivlin formally
charged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with the task of forming
the next government, and urged him to work to heal the
wounds caused during a hard election campaign.
- Earlier, a leading pollster said Netanyahus Election
Day appeal to supporters to vote to offer the droves of
Arabs casting ballots may have played a decisive role in
his victory. Israel reportedly canceled key discussions on an
East Jerusalem housing project for undisclosed reasons. Sources
claimed that the meetings were held up because of a desire to
not exacerbate tensions with the Obama administration. Meanwhile,
the US Senate said it will bring an Iran sanctions bill to a
vote if no framework agreement is reached by March 31. Iran-backed
Houthi rebels drove Yemens president from his Aden palace,
further consolidating their hold on the country.
- The Times of Israel liveblogged events as they unfolded.
- OUTGOING GENERAL SAYS ISRAEL, PA IN STRATEGIC FIGHT
- The new commander of the IDF Central Command, Gen. Roni Noma,
assumes his post, replacing Gen. Nitzan Alon during a ceremony
in Jerusalem. Noma, the former head of the IDFs Depth Corps,
says, Our responsibility to the security of settlements
is not in doubt. We must fight terror while ensuring the quality
of life of both Israelis and Palestinians. Alon says that
Israel and the PA are at the height of a strategic struggle:
Politically, diplomatically, and legally. Noma comes into
the position as warnings abound about a possible eruption of
violence in the West Bank, which is under the authority of the
- PM DISCUSSES HEALTH MINISTRY WITH UTJ
- Netanyahu finally meets with representatives of ultra-Orthodox
parties Shas and United Torah Judaism as he works to create a
coalition. Netanyahu tells UTJ chief Yaakov Litzman and MK Moshe
Gafni that he appreciates their efforts as deputy health minister
and chairman of the Knesset Finance Committee during the 18th
Knesset, and that he would like to see them assume these posts
again, the Ynet news site reports.
- However, the PM does not officially offer them the positions,
as Kulanu chief Moshe Kahlon is angling for control of the Finance
Committee post. UTJ lawmakers on principle refuse to assume full
ministerial posts. President Rivlin is expected to officially
task Netanyahu with forming a coalition today.
- PM SAID TO HALT E. JERUSALEM HOUSING PROJECT
- March 25, 2015, 2:12 pm Amid significant tensions with the
Obama administration, Israel freezes a 1,500-unit housing project
in the East Jerusalem Har Homa neighborhood, the Ynet news site
- The Housing Ministry and the Jerusalem Municipality say that
two discussions critical to the projects advancement, scheduled
for the coming week, were canceled for reasons that have not
been explained to them.
- Sources involved with the project tell Ynet that Netanyahus
office held up the talks so as not to exacerbate tensions with
the US president. The Prime Ministers Office, on the other
hand, says the project was never presented to them, denying the
claims made by Jerusalem and the Housing Ministry.
"THE RISE OF THE PERSIAN RAM - IRAN! - IRAN!" AND TEACHING
ON "THE FEAST OF PURIM"
Mike Lander, Pray4Zion Prayer email@example.com
- Shalom Dear Friend and Partner of Israel,
- We send greetings to you and your family and pray Gods
amazing abundant blessing and favour upon your lives each day.
Thank you for being a great blessing to Israel through Pray4Zion
we want you to know that you are making the difference. Every
prayer for Israel, love and support for Gods Chosen people
sincerely must please God.
- Please dont grow weary [...] We believe that March
is going to be a very interesting and prophetic month! The speech
which Israeli Prime Minister will be speaking in front of a joint
session of Congress on the 03rd and falls out a day before the
Jewish Fast of Taanit Esther (The fast of Esther).
Each year before Purim Jews around the world fast to commemorate
the three day fast days in the Book of Esther before Esther pleaded
before the King not to kill the Jews.
- Is it not symbolic that Netanyahu is making this historic
speech at the same time that the Jews are fasting and remembering
the story of Purim when the nation of Israel was almost destroyed?
- Netanyahu is worried about Iran destroying Israel. Iran is
modern day Persia and the story of Purim took place in Persia.
Just like today, God was hidden in the story of Purim
(His Name is not even mentioned once in the Book of Esther).
Yet just like the story of Purim, we are convinced that God will
come through for Israel, the Jewish nation.
- If there is one thing that no one could dispute, is the fact
that history repeats itself! Jewish Holidays come to teach us
all a lesson that is relevant for every generation. As Bibi Netanyahu
prepares for his speech in congress to try and halt modern Persia
bent on Israels destruction
we need to remember this
Scripture: Esther 4:14, If you remain silent at this time,
relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place,
but you and your fathers house will perish. And who knows
that you have come to royal position for a time such as
- Whilst US President Obama is supporting a boycott of Bibi
Netayahu and not even the vice president will attend the talks.
There are also conflicting reports he has stopped all contact
with the Israeli government concerning the Iranian negotiations!
Time will tell! On the 20th March we have the full Solar Eclipse
which precedes the 3rd (of 4) Blood Moon Tetrad at Passover on
the 04th April.
- Obama speaks about extremism without labelling it Islam.
He knows he can frame the debate where he can rope Christianity
into the extremist debate. However, his version of Islam he is
portraying in the media is very incorrect. Firstly, Islam that
infiltrates ISIS, Hezbollah, Hamas, and others are filled with
apocalyptic beliefs that motivate them to behead, burn, and destroy
their enemies through force. This is not new in Islam. Islam
is riddled with violence which traces their history all the way
back to Mohammed. Mohammed was a general of an army as much as
a religious leader. He encouraged the violence found in Islam
that continues today. Islams history is full of lies, violence,
and conquests. There is a reason why the history books call Mohammeds
influence the Muslim Empire. The Christian Crusaders fought back
the Muslims in Spain and on the outskirts of Constantinople in
the medieval times. If the Muslims did not fight their way into
Europe, there would be no Crusades in the Holy Land. Satan has
used Islam to destroy huge segments of Christianity in North
Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Today, Satan is using it to
destroy Christianity in the Western World.
- Obama is a man heavily influenced by Islam himself, ostracizes
Christians and Jews, but this helps explain why ISIS bent upon
their Radical Islam believes that this ideology should be accepted
by all. It is as if Obama believes that it was Christians who
were beheading Muslims in the Middle East
? The problem
with the world is Islam, period! This narrative that Obama is
painting is being used to eradicate Christian influence in Western
society. What little Christianity is influencing society is certainly
being eradicated by Obama and he could very well be one of the
forerunners to the Antichrist bringing war to the mountains of
Gods land and people just as prophesied in
the Bible for end-times!
- Friends, dont be deceived. You were bought with a price,
and your Lord will always be with you. Your life is more precious
than metals, money, and the glories of this world. He has you
He forever has you, no matter how bad the world gets. God bless
you always, Alf & Julie
- Please pray with us :