CHURCH / PLURALISM
- "My bowels, my
bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise
in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my
soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war. Destruction
upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly
are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment. How long shall
I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet? For my
people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children,
and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but
to do good they have no knowledge." Jeremiah 4:19-22
- "The shew of their
countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their
sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they
have rewarded evil unto themselves. Say ye to the righteous,
that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit
of their doings. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him:
for the reward of his hands shall be given him." Isaiah 3:9-11
- "And it shall come
to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house
shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be
exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to
the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and
he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths:
for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD
from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall
rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up
sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." Isaiah
- We believe every word in the KJV Bible and believe it is
the Word of God and that Jesus is the Christ, God Himself, who
spilled His blood on the cross for our sins and rose again to
prepare a place for those who repent and accept 'His' righteousness
as their righteousness. They are those who accept Jesus Christ
as their Lord and Savior, Jews first and then Gentiles. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any
man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him,
and will sup with him, and he with me." We
invite you to take this opportunity to say 'yes' to Jesus and
commit your life to Him only by clicking on this link: Salvation
- Luke 12:20,21 "But
God said unto him, "Thou fool,
this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall
those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth
up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."
We pray the Lord will bless you with a thirst for truth and a
desire to serve Him exclusively, in Christ Jesus, Cephas Ministry
/ Cephas Library.
- Cephas Ministry cordially invites you to subscribe
to our free newsletter. The controversial International
Social Pulse deals with the Church / Global Issues / Israel,
and is edited by Rita Williams
- Cephas Ministry advocates KJV Bible only to study
for truth necessary to become part of the Bride of Christ. The
Bible states that the Bible is the only truth available to us.
- If you have questions about our present situation, you might
check out excellent related websites:
- Jamma of Rapture Watch, Biblical perspective: http://www.livelyhope.co/finland/
- Nicholas A. Stivers of Nicholas Scrolls addresses the
Gospel, Israel and Palestine: http://www.nicholas-scrolls.com/
- James Sundquist of Rock to Salt relates heresies of Christian
Psychology, Purpose Driven & Church Growth Movement: http://rock-to-salt.livelyhope.co
- Dare The Future by W.J. Anthony "How We Can Change
and go back to the "Declaration of Independence": http://www.darethefuture.org
- New World Disorder: http://www.nwdisorder.com
- Avenue of Light exposing the Vatican http://www.avenueoflight.com
- Texe Marrs http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/codex_magica/codex_magica.htm#Content
- Cephas Ministry / Library Exposes heresies, cults, sects,
rock music, witchcraft, New World Disorder znd its effect on
our lives. We address Israel in the form of articles and Youtubes:
- Cephas Library Exposes heresies, cults, sects, rock music,
witchcraft, New World Order, and just about every subject that
has an effect on our lives and our future. Subject matter keeps
changing daily due to our liberal President and Congress. We
offer a substantial number of media (over 4000 items) free to
pick your favorite subject. The media consists of DVDs, CDs &
Audio Tapes which can be converted to mp3s.
- (free) at http://www.cephas-library.com/library
- Cephas Central, like Grand Central Station, our sites
and indexes are listed.
- MORE GREETINGS to all and the newcomers to this list. We'd
like to introduce ourselves. George and Rita Williams founded
this ministry. We were Mormons (Temple Mormons) for 20 years.
We prayed to God in 1992 to allow us to do a ministry speaking
out against Scientology. Six months later God led us to the truth:
out of the cult of Mormonism. We did not know at the time we
were in a cult. No-one had witnessed to us in 20 years.
- The Holy Spirit brought us to information about all the cults
and the present development of the New World Order. We began
bringing our research to you. Because all the research was already
done, we decided to build a library within Cephas Ministry. Our
newsletters are not designed to provoke
anger which is strictly prohibited in Scripture. It is to shed
light on activities by those who would deceive those who are
recorded in the Book of Life by devious methods and systematic
- We are Bible students and have left all worldly organizations.
We attend church if the message is from the authorized KJV Bible.
The focus of these newsletters is to prove why we had to leave
the world system. We are called 'Watchmen on the Wall' which
God always had during the Old / New Testament Times.
- To understand what is happening, one has to know the Bible
to compare notes.
- The first section is about the church.
The news about churches is unedited unless indicated by Ednotes.
The church as we knew it, is undergoing disintegration. This
began on a fast track in the early nineteen sixties when the
Catholic Church produced liberal Vatican II to replace Vatican
- The trend since then has been ecumenical which is truly what
the word 'Catholicism' means: a universal religion all
inclusive and multicultural. The Bible calls for a final church
and today's church doesn't resemble what Jesus taught. The Word
of God has undergone many changes to fit the progressive modes.
Many new Bible tranlations have brought confusion. The Bible
calls for a falling away from churches and becoming
atheistic before Jesus comes back for His Bride. The true believers
are called 'Ekklesia.' Our newsletters prove this fact and prove
that the Bible is true from beginning to end.
- The second section is about globalism
where we bring your attention to the social, political and global
trend, the so called democratizing what is left of the world.
This is a deception since the underlying new world global government
is developed by implementing sustainable development (Agenda
21). The Bible prophesies that there will be ten kings (ten
horns), each king (horn) will receive a region of the world as
a reward for work well done for the Antichrist. This is the reason
for the present development of NAU (The North American Union)
as well as the war in the Middle East. It again proves that we
are moving to closure of the times of the Gentiles prophesied
in the Bible. The end result will not be Democracy but a form
of Fascist Communism (Public/Private Corporations enslaving mankind).
- The third section compliments End Time
teachings because Israel is the time piece of the Biblical Prophecy.
1948 was the beginning of the figtree representing Israel, coming
back to life. Israel was allowed to return to its land. Israel
is the rock upon which the world stumbles and crumbles. We watch
and visit Israel for signs which point to the Tribulation to
confirm that we are moving into that space of time.
- Watchmen on the wall do not solicit memberships. We have
an email group that gets information when we upload new information
and newsletters whenever it is possible time wise. We love the
Lord with all our hearts and minds and we love all people God
has created but especially those who love our Lord and Savior,
Jesus Christ. Our Mission and Statement of Faith are at http://cmi.livelyhope.com/statement_of_faith.html
- To email go to: http://www.email-cephas.com
- To subscribe or unsubscribe go to: http://www.mylists.biz/
- We trust that
our readers will not be discouraged. It is Gods
will that we know the times (1 Ch. 12:32; Mat. 16:3) and that we be as wise as serpents
and harmless as doves.
- The Cephas
Newsletter reminds us that the hour is very late, and we need
to be ready for the Lords coming. Are you sure that
you are born again? Are you living for Christ?
that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out
of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore
cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the
armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not
in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness,
not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof"
- PS We are seeking
the truth and use much material from many sources only when we
believe their material could be of service to you. That should
not imply that we endorse ministries, news organizations or various
authors. We are not all-knowing and cannot predict what people
will write in the future. CMI
JOE SCHIMMEL'S BLOG
- GOOD FIGHT MINISTRIES - Lessons
from the Alabama Massacre
- In the wake of Alabamas
worst mass shooting in the states history, many Americans
have been left dumbfounded as the nation mourns and wonders how
a young man could murder 11 people in cold blood. Many are still
shocked that mass school shooting and murder sprees have become
common place in the United States, and I ask: Why?
- FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT
- Also simply visit www.goodfight.org
and choose the theater, or you can click on the "Exposés"
link in the navigation bar on our Home Page. You can also use
this direct link: http://theater.goodfight.org
We feature individual movie clips from "They
Sold Their Souls for Rock n Roll" with more clips being
added all the time! So be sure and check back in to the theater
from time to time to see what new movie clips we have added.
We plan on adding clips from all of our DVDs, such as "Hollywood's
War on God", "Hollywood
Unmasked", and more! The Good Fight Theater is a
GREAT way to minister to friends, family and/or loved ones by
allowing them to view specific movie clips on a particular artist
or entertainer, without having to go through an entire DVD.
Our convenient Search bar at the top of the theater makes
it easy to find what you're looking for! So what are you waiting
for? Go check out the new Good Fight Theater! And be sure to
share it with everyone you know who would benefit from this great
New: Joe Schimmel on
the radio, download his shows: http://www.goodfightradio.org/
- QUEEN OF ALL
- THE MARIAN APPARITIONS' PLAN
TO UNITE ALL RELIGIONS UNDER THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH JIM
TETLOW AND ROGER OAKLAND
- Brad Myers co-author of Queen
of All The marian apparitions' plan to unite all religions under
the Roman Catholic Church http://www.eternal-productions.org/PDFS/Queen.pdf
- I would like to inform you
of a new end times audio drama that exposes the coming ET and
Marian deception by Jim Tetlow and myself with the help of many
people. It is called 'The Coming Global Transformation.'
- WAS JESUS BORN SEPT 11, 3 B.C.?
Exclusive: Joseph Farah looks at claim based on Revelation, constellation
Published: 3 days ago today 8.26.2013 Joseph Farah - WND - But,
according to a growing body of evidence assembled in a new book
about biblical sabbatical years, its also the real date
Jesus was born, in the year 3 B.C.
- Joseph Dumond, author of Remembering the Sabbatical
Years of 2016, 2023, 2030, 2037, 2044, makes the case for
the birth date based on astronomical charts, clues provided in
the Book of Revelation and the fact that the date on the Hebrew
calendar translated into the Feast of Tabernacles or Sukkot
a holy day often associated with Jesus birth and return
in the Second Coming.
- It was on this day Yeshua was born on Sept. 11, 3 B.C.,
and it will be on this day He will come again to begin the judgment
of the rest of mankind, Dumond writes.
- So what exactly is the evidence?
- Dumond first cites Revelation 12:1-5, a passage that seems
to be about Jesus birth: And there appeared a great
wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon
under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And
she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to
be delivered. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and
behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns,
and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third
part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:
and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered,
for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought
forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of
iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
- Was that story actually told in the stars on the day of the
birth? Thats what Dumond suggests. The constellation Virgo
(or virgin) is the only astrological sign associated with a woman,
he says. For a period of only a few hours on Sept. 11, 3 B.C.,
Virgo could be seen near Leo, representing the lion of
Judah, with the sun clothing the woman and 12 visible stars
surrounding Virgos head.
- In his own words: The key to the very day of Jesus
birth is the words and the moon under her feet. The
word under signifies that the womans feet were
positioned just over the moon. Since the feet of Virgo represent
the last 7 degrees of the constellation (in the time of Christ
this would have been between about 180 degrees and 187 degrees
along the elyptic), the moon has to be positioned somewhere under
the 7 degree arc. But the moon also has to be in that exact location
when the sun is mid-bodied to Virgo. In the year 3 B.C., these
two factors came to precise agreement for less than two hours,
as observed from Palestine, on Sept. 11th. The precise arrangement
began about 6:15 p.m. (sunset), and lasted until 7:45 p.m. (moonset).
This is the only day in the whole year that this could have taken
- THE FAMILY PRAYS - I MUST SAY GOD IS A FANTASTIC TEACHER
- I promise, youll thank me for INCLUDING this FOR you.
Please take time to watch it, be thankful for what you have and
also, for people like Richie. UNBELIEVABLE: http://www.youtube.com/embed/qiLDMBDPCEY?rel=0
- GOD'S OMNIPOTENCE
- And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude,
and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings,
saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth
I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought
can be withholden from thee (Job 42:2).
Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the
earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is
nothing too hard for thee (Jer. 32:17).
- But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men
this is impossible; but with God all things are possible
For with God nothing shall be impossible (Luke 1:37).
- We are so thankful for Gods omnipotence. If God were
good but not omnipotent, He could be overthrown by some power
at some point in time. Some Satan could pull God from His throne
and replace Gods righteous rule with unrighteous chaos.
At the present time there is unrighteousness and chaos in creation,
but it is temporary and limited in scope; it is under Gods
control and will result in the working out of His ultimate purposes.
Gods omnipotence guarantees this.
God is called Almighty 57 times in Scripture, beginning
with Gods revelation to Abraham in Genesis 17:1. This is
from the Hebrew word Shaddai, which means to be burly,
i.e. (figuratively) powerful (passively, impregnable) (Strong).
a. Gods omnipotence is seen in that He can do anything
(Job 42:6; Jer. 32:17; Mat. 19:26; Luke 1:37). We cannot begin
to understand this, but we can believe it and we can rejoice
in it, because the God who can do anything is a good God who
will only do that which is right. The only limit on Gods
power is His moral character. For example, God cannot lie (Titus
1:2) and He cannot deny Himself (2 Tim. 2:13).
b. Gods omnipotence is seen in that He created the universe
from nothing by His spoken Word (Gen. 1; Heb. 11:3). The universe
is so large and complex that it is incomprehensible to man, yet
it did not tax Gods power to create it. He does not faint
nor grow weary (Isa. 40:28). This is omnipotence.
c. Gods omnipotence is seen in that He rules over all things
and controls all things according to His will and purpose (1
Sam. 2:6-8; 2 Chr. 20:6; Psa. 29:10; 115:3; 135:6; Isa. 46:9-10;
Dan. 2:20-22; 4:34-35; Eph. 1:11). http://www.wayoflife.org/publications/abss.html#give_attendance
- THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT
- And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on
it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there
was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great,
stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book
was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged
out of those things which were written in the books, according
to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;
and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:
and they were judged every man according to their works. And
death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second
death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life
was cast into the lake of fire.
- The put down of the final rebellion is followed by the Great
White Throne Judgment of the unsaved. This is the second resurrection
and second death. The first resurrection was that of the saved,
while the second is that of the unsaved. The first death is the
separation of the spirit from the body, while the second is eternal
separation from God in the lake of fire.
- 1. ITS COMPOSITION
- It is a throne, which describes Gods majesty and great
authority. This is the throne of the King of kings and Lord of
lords, the throne where every yea is yea and every nay is nay,
beyond which there is no further appeal.
- Continued: http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/great_white_throne_judgment.html
- ROSH HASHANAH 2013: THE JEWISH NEW YEAR EXPLAINED
VIDEO Posted: 09/02/2013 3:28 pm EDT - Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish
New Year, is celebrated in 2013 from sundown on September
4, 2013 to nightfall on September 6, 2013. The Hebrew date
for Rosh Hashanah is 1 Tishrei 5774.
- Though Rosh Hashanah literally means "head of the year,"
the holiday actually takes place on the first two days of the
Hebrew month of Tishrei, which is the seventh month on the Hebrew
calendar. This is because Rosh Hashanah, one of four new years
in the Jewish year, is considered the new year of people, animals
and legal contracts. In the Jewish oral tradition, Rosh Hashanah
marks the completion of the creation of the world.
- Rosh Hashanah is the beginning of the Jewish High Holy Days,
or Yamim Noraim (the "Days of Awe"), and is followed
10 days later by Yom Kippur, the "day of atonement."
The Mishnah refers to Rosh Hashanah as the "day of judgment,"
and it is believed that God opens the Book of Life on this day
and begins to decide who shall live and who shall die. The days
between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are viewed as an opportunity
for Jews to repent (teshuvah, in Hebrew) and ensure a good fate.
Jews traditionally gather in synagogues on Rosh Hashanah for
extended services that follow the liturgy of a special prayerbook,
called a mahzor, that is used during the Days of Awe. At specific
times throughout the service, a shofar, or ram's horn, is blown.
The mitzvah (commandment) to hear the shofar, a literal and spiritual
wake-up call, is special to this time of year.
- The new year is the only Jewish holiday that is observed
for two days by all Jews (other holidays are observed for just
one day within the Land of Israel) as it is also the only major
holiday that falls on a new moon.
- A common greeting on Rosh Hashanah is shana tovah u'metukah,
Hebrew for "a good and sweet new year." Many traditional
Rosh Hashanah foods -- apples and honey, raisin challah, honey
cake and pomegranate -- are eaten, in part, for this reason.
- LIVING A CHRIST FILLED LIFE IS AWESOME
- THE RAREST MANIFESTATION IN THE CHURCH WORLD IS SPIRITUAL
- Jesus called this life which He would provide, more
abundant life. Here are His words, The thief cometh
not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come
that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(John 10:10) The Bible plainly tells us that this Divine life
is far greater and exceedingly so than our empty unredeemed state
before we knew Christ. In every way His Life in us is superior
to the natural condition of fallen man. The Spiritual life that
He came to give is His life which He gives the redeemed saints.
- Lets read the first chapter of I John and then deal
with sin, the single hindrance to abundant life.
1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard,
which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon,
and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear
witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with
the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that
ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship
is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare
unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness,
we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have
fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his
Son cleanseth us from all sin. Continued: http://www.pawcreek.org/sanctuary-sermons/living-a-christ-filled-life-is-awesome
- AN URGENT PRAYER REQUEST!!
- AMERICA, SYRIA, AND RUSSIA: OPENING THE GATES OF HELL
- By Paul McGuire - September 2, 2013 - NewsWithViews.com
- The whole world is reacting to President Obamas decision
for America to attack Syria over an alleged chemical attack because
Assads forces had been accused of using chemical weapons
several times in the last year, including the August 21st attack
in the suburbs of Damascus. However, a number of news analysts
such as Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul have called this a False
- The Pentagon is moving a sixth warship armed with cruise
missiles to the eastern Mediterranean Sea, giving the U.S. more
firepower for a possible attack on Syria in response to alleged
use of chemical weapons, a U.S. defense official said. According
to reports, the guided-missile destroyer Stout will soon join
four other missile-carrying U.S. destroyers within range of Syria.
Each destroyer can carry up to 90 cruise missiles which have
a range of nearly 1,000 miles. Whether they will acknowledge
it in public or not, the international community and the United
Nations look to the American Empire to supply its massive military
force to solve international conflicts.
- What is happening in Syria will not only affect America,
Russia, Great Britain, China, Syria, Iran, and Israel. It will
affect the entire world because Syria, controlling major oil
assets off its coast, occupies a critical position in the global
oil economy. It is possible for oil prices to go through the
roof, and that would send a tsunami across the global economy.
There have been reports put out by big banks like SocGen and
Goldman Sachs that oil could soar to $150 a barrel if the Syrian
conflict goes hot and draws in Russia and China...
- Given the present sociological climate in the U.S. and the
stirring up of potential race wars, it would not take much for
chaos to take over. There are a lot of people who stand to benefit
from this chaos or manufactured crisis.
- Retiring DHS head Janet Napolitano made an ominous statement
about a coming cyber event. A cyber event
would shut down all commerce and communication on the internet.
The point of all this is that this is not just about the U.S.
invading Syria unilaterally. There is potential blowback from
this that could be catastrophic! If you believe in prayer, now
is the time to pray, as our Founding Fathers did. That means
round the clock intercessory prayer, churches open all night
for prayer, fasting, and a sense of intense spiritual urgency.
- We are in grave danger! Whole article: http://www.newswithviews.com/McGuire/paul184.htm
- WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MONEY (SHOCKING)
Thursday, 05 Sep 2013 03:58 PM
- Most people know Sean Hyman from his regular appearances
on Fox Business, CNBC, and Bloomberg Television, but what they
dont know is that Sean is a former pastor, and that his
secret to investing is woven within the Bible.
- Perhaps that can explain why, despite his uncanny ability
to predict precise moves in the stock market, Sean is often laughed
at for his unique stance on investing.
- For example . . . a few months ago Sean appeared on Bloomberg
Television. At that time, Best Buy (BBY) was dropping to all-time
lows of $16 a share. Sean predicted the stock could go down to
$11 a share, and would then quickly rebound to $25 per share,
and after that would rally to $40 per share over the next year.
- Another commentator on the show actually mocked Sean for
his stance, saying $40 on Best Buy? If thats the
case Apple (AAPL) is going to $1,500. Thats the most ridiculous
thing I have ever heard! (Editors Note: At the time,
Apple was trading at $650 per share).
- Within a few weeks, Sean would receive the last laugh. [...]
- So when Sean responded that his secret to investing was the
Bible, I was thoroughly shocked. [...]
- For Sean, the Bible is his FOUNDATION for investing.
- He explained to me how there is actually a Biblical
Money Code woven into Scripture Continued:
- Whole story: http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/Financial-bible-Hyman/2013/07/08/id/513894/?PROMO_CODE=14300-1
- THE SODOMY LIFESTYLE CAN ONLY END IN SODOM AND GOMORRAH
THE END OF ANY NATION THAT TOLERATED THE FULL SCALE OF THE SODOMY
AGENDA IS DESTRUCTION. OUR NATION IS AT THE TIP OF THIS FINAL
HOUR. DO WE TURN OR DO WE BURN? The title of Saturdays
broadcast is Public Education, Destroying The Morals Of
Our Children. Here is a picture of what has already occurred
here in North Carolina. The Criminology Professor at the North
Carolina University located at Wilmington, North Carolina wrote
this following expose in response to a student that called him,
the Biggest Embarrassment to Higher Education in America.
- A Web site entitled, THE POWER LINE 100? PRINTED THIS
LETTER UNDER THE TITLE: Conservative Professor Has Awesome Response
to Guy Who Called Him the Biggest Embarrassment to Higher
Education in America. This is an awesome letter filled
with a dark indictment of the College System here in the state
I love. My heart is sick. The student was named Edward.
- Dear Edward:
- I want to take the time to thank you for writing and telling
me that I should be fired from my position as a tenured professor
because I am the biggest embarrassment to higher education
in America. I also want to thank you for responding when
I asked you exactly how you arrived at that conclusion. Your
response, because you insist that marriage requires one
man and one woman, was both helpful and concise.
- While I respect your right to conclude that I am the biggest
embarrassment to higher education in America, I think youre
wrong. In fact, I dont even think Im the biggest
embarrassment to higher education in the state of North Carolina.
But since youre a liberal and you support choice
provided were talking about dismembering children
and not school vouchers for those who werent dismembered
I want to give you some options. In fact, Im going
to describe the antics of ten professors, official campus groups,
and invited campus speakers in North Carolina and let you decide
which constitutes the biggest embarrassment to higher education.
- 1. In the early spring semester of 2013, a womens studies
professor and a psychology professor at Western Carolina University
co-sponsored a panel on bondage and S&M. The purpose of the
panel was to teach college students how to inflict pain on themselves
and others for sexual pleasure. When you called me the biggest
embarrassment in higher education, you must not have known about
their bondage panel. Maybe you were tied up that evening and
couldnt make it. Continued: http://www.pawcreek.org/prophetic-news-alerts/the-sodomy-lifestyle-can-only-end-is-sodom-and-gomarah
- U.S. SUPREME COURT STRIKES DOWN DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT,
UPHOLDS HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE?
By Heather Clark - Christian News Network - WASHINGTON: The United
States Supreme Court has struck down the federal Defense of Marriage
Act (DOMA), ruling that it violates the 'dignity' of homosexuals
in the country and states that decide to legalize homosexual
'marriage.' It also declined to rule on California's Proposition
8, stating that those who challenged the lower court's ruling
did not have standing to do so, thus leaving in place the decision
that struck down the initiative as unconstitutional.
- The DOMA ruling comes largely due to Justice Anthony Kennedy's
agreement with his liberal colleagues. Justices Ginsberg, Breyer,
Sotomayor and Kagan forming a 5-4 majority opinion. Justices
Scalia, Thomas, Roberts and Alito dissented.
- "The avowed purpose and practical effect of the law
here in question are to impose a disadvantage, a separate status,
and so a stigma upon all who enter into same-sex marriages made
lawful by the unquestioned authority of the States," Kennedy
wrote. "The federal statute is invalid, for no legitimate
purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and to
injure those whom the state, by its marriage laws, sought to
protect in personhood and dignity." Continued: http://christiannews.net/2013/06/26/u-s-supreme-court-strikes-down-defense-of-marriage-act-upholds-
- BARACK OBAMA CALLS HOMOSEXUAL COUPLES IN CALIFORNIA TO CONGRATULATE
THEM ON VICTORY . http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qYbSV_32OJY
- RELIGIOUS ORDER FILES REVEAL DECADES OF LA ABUSE
By GILLIAN FLACCUS, Associated Press - Updated 10:18 am, Thursday,
August 1, 2013
LOS ANGELES (AP) In therapy sessions, the priest confessed
the shocking details he'd kept hidden for years: He had molested
more than 100 boys, including his 5-year-old brother. He had
sex with male prostitutes, and frequented gay strip clubs.
- The admissions of the Rev. Ruben Martinez are included among
nearly 2,000 pages of secret files unsealed Wednesday that were
kept on priests, brothers and nuns who belonged to religious
orders but were accused of child molestation while working within
the Los Angeles archdiocese.
- The papers, which were released under the terms of a $660
million settlement agreement reached in 2007, are the first glimpse
at what religious orders knew about the men and women they posted
in Roman Catholic schools and parishes in the Los Angeles area.
The archdiocese itself released thousands of pages under court
order this year for its own priests who were accused of sexual
abuse, but the full picture of the problem remained elusive without
the orders' records. Several dozen more files are expected to
be released by the fall.
- The documents cover five different religious orders that
employed 10 priests or religious brothers and two nuns who were
all accused in civil lawsuits of molesting children. Among them,
the accused had 21 alleged victims between the 1950s and the
- Some of the files released Wednesday, including those of
the nuns, don't mention sexual abuse at all, and others appear
to have large gaps in time and missing documents. The release
included documents from the Oblates, the Marianists, the Benedictines
and two orders for religious sisters.
- That the files don't reflect some of the alleged abuse doesn't
mean it didn't happen, said Ray Boucher, lead attorney for some
abuse victims. "Much of this went unreported. You're talking
about kids that were terrorized and frightened in so many different
ways, with no place and no one to turn to." Continued: http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/
- UK BISHOPS LAMENT 'GAY MARRIAGE' APPROVAL
- London, England, Jul 18, 2013 / 12:07 am (CNA/EWTN News).-
Queen Elizabeth II has approved the British parliaments
gay marriage bill, in what the Catholic bishops of
England and Wales called a profound social change
that neglects the centrality of children and puts religious freedom
- Marriage has, over the centuries, been publicly recognized
as a stable institution which establishes a legal framework for
the committed relationship between a man and a woman and for
the upbringing and care of their children, the Bishops
Conference of England and Wales said July 17. It has, for
this reason, rightly been recognized as unique and worthy of
- The law would allow the contracting of same-sex marriages
in England and Wales, but not Scotland or Northern Ireland, beginning
next year. The bishops said that the new law removes from marriage
both the centrality of children and the responsibility for mothers
and fathers to remain together to care for children.
- That is why we were opposed to this legislation on
principle, they said.
- Queen Elizabeth, who heads the Church of England, approved
the bill on July 17. It had passed the House of Commons by a
vote of 366 to 161 before passing the House of Lords, the BBC
- Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron, who had not campaigned
on gay marriage, pushed the legislation through over
the objections of many in his party. The move could swing some
traditional Tory supporters to the United Kingdom Independence
Party, which supports existing law recognizing same-sex civil
unions but does not back redefining marriage.
- The Evangelical Alliance, which represents 79 Protestant
denominations and 3,500 churches, said the bill turned civil
marriage into a fluid, gender-neutral institution defined
by consumer demands and political expediency. They warned
that the change will have profound implications,
including the normalization of same-sex unions and the enforcement
of a new social orthodoxy. Continued: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/uk-bishops-lament-gay-marriage-approval/
- JIHADIST LEADER TO U.S. 'ISLAM IS COMING'
- Warns foreign fighting in Syria could battle America next
Published: August 11, 2013 WND - During a radio interview Sunday,
a representative of al-Qaida in the Gaza Strip sent a message
to the United States: Islam is coming and there is no other
- That sentiment was expressed by Abu Saqer, leader of Jihadiya
Salafiya in the Gaza Strip, speaking on Aaron Klein Investigative
Radio on New Yorks WABC Radio.
- Jihadiya Salafiya represents al-Qaida in the Gaza Strip.
- Saqer further stated that after battling Syrian President
Bashar al-Assad, the thousands of foreign jihadists currently
in Syria could turn their ire on what he called the many other
enemies of Islam, including Israel and the United
- Saqer did not say the spread of Islam in the U.S. will come
- Islam is coming and there is no other choice,
he told Klein about America and Europe.
- Because we think Islam will come and this is something
that no one can prevent, he stated.
- And we will raise the Islamic flag on every point on
earth where Muslims live and we will chase all the enemies of
Islam wherever they are. Even in the West, in Europe and in the
- Asked where he thinks the thousands of foreign jihadists
fighting Assad will go next, Saqer replied, After finishing
with him, there are many enemies for Islam.
- He continued: At the head the Zionist enemy and the
United States. And the evolution on the ground in Syria will
define where is the next target and who is the next target of
- This can be the Israeli enemy. This can be the United
States or anybody who is making a conspiracy with them against
- At least 6,000 jihadist rebels in Syria, many affiliated
with al-Qaida, now pose a major security risk to the U.S. and
Europe, according to Obama administration officials and Mideast
- Last Tuesday, Michael Morell, the Central Intelligence Agencys
second-in-command, warned in an interview with the Wall Street
Journal that al-Qaida groups in Syria, along with the civil war
itself, pose the greatest threat to U.S. national security. Continued:
OFFICIALS: U.S. CONSIDERS TRAINING SYRIA REBELS
- Thursday, 5 September 2013 (5 hours ago)
- The Obama administration is considering a plan to use U.S.
military trainers to help increase the capabilities of the Syrian
rebels, in a move that would greatly expand the current CIA training
being done quietly in Jordan, U.S.
- OBAMA CONSIDERS USING U.S. MILITARY TO TRAIN SYRIAN REBELS
- Wednesday, 4 September 2013 (2 days ago) WallStreet Journal:
Video: Senator Carl Levin Urges to Arm Syrian Rebels [ 'al-Qaida']
The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee Carl Levin
said Tuesday that the U.S. should provide Syrian rebels with
arms such as anti-tank weapons in their fight against the Assad
regime. (Video/Photo: AP) As Congress debates the Obama administration's
plans for military action in Syria, the White House is looking
at broader options. The president may call on the U.S. military
to help build up the Syrian opposition. Source: The Wall Street
Journal. Senator Carl Levin Urges to Arm Syrian Rebels. The chairman
of the Senate Armed Services Committee Carl Levin said Tuesday
that the U.S. should provide Syrian rebels with arms such as
anti-tank weapons in their fight against the Assad regime. (Video/Photo:
THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS CONSIDERING A PLAN TO USE U.S. MILITARY
TO HELP INCREASE THE CAPABILITIES OF THE SYRIAN REBELS
- NavyTimes 5 hours ago - 9.5.2013 US http://t.co/TAdLAzyY4B
James Greid Obama Considers Training Options For Syrian Rebels
http://t.co/kcMl484mbB 2 days ago
- NO BIG DEAL, JUST A GIANT HOLE IN THE SUN?
- Megan Garber June 5, 2013 - An extensive coronal hole rotated
toward Earth last week--and astronomers were there to capture
- A massive coronal hole, captured in its rotation toward Earth
Coronal holes are areas on the sun's corona that are darker,
lower-density, and (relatively) colder than the rest of the plasma
on the surface of our nearest star. They're the source of the
kind of solar wind gusts that carry solar particles out to our
magnetosphere and beyond, causing auroras (and, less awesomely,
geomagnetic storms) here on Earth.
- When coronal holes are captured in extreme ultraviolet light
images, they reveal themselves as dark spots that appear, to
human eyes, to be plasma voids.
- Well, last week -- between May 28 and 31 -- one of those
coronal holes rotated toward Earth. It was a big one: "one
of the largest," NASA says, "we have seen in a year
or more." And the Solar Dynamics Observatory's Atmospheric
Imaging Assembly, fortunately, got a shot of the thing. Above,
via a combination of three wavelengths of UV light, is an image
of the hole. It's pretty gorgeous, as holes go.
- Beyond the photo, though, what effects will the coronal hole's
rotation Earth-ward have on those of us living on Earth? Not
much, for better or for worse. The solar wind streams that coronal
holes can cause generally take two to three days to travel to
our planet, so we've likely already experienced the anticlimactic
effects of this particular hole. And while coronal holes are
more likely to affect Earth after they've rotated more than halfway
around the visible hemisphere of the sun -- which was the case
with this guy -- the most this one would have done, astronomers
say, was to generate some aurora. A pretty harmless effect from,
you know, a GIANT HOLE IN THE SUN. Continued:
- NIBIRU PHOTO ERASED BY NASA
- NIBIRU [SECOND SUN, PLANET X, ETC NAMES] IN THE SKY
- HENNING HEMNER'S OTHER CHANNEL WAS SHUT DOWN BY GOOGLE .
- CHURCHES CHANGING BYLAWS AFTER GAY MARRIAGE RULING
- By TRAVIS LOLLER - From Associated Press - August 24, 2013
12:11 PM EST
- City Church of Tallahassee Pastor Dean Inserra stands
inside his church in Tallahassee, Fla. on Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013.
Inserra's church is researching how they will address the changing
attitudes to gay marriage in the courts as well as among the
public. "We have some gay couples that attend our church.
What happens when they ask us to do their wedding?" Inserra
said. "What happens when we say no? Is it going to be treated
like a civil rights thing?" (AP Photo - Phil Sears)
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Worried they could be sued by gay
couples, some churches are changing their bylaws to reflect their
view that the Bible allows only marriage between one man and
- Although there have been lawsuits against wedding industry
businesses that refuse to serve gay couples, attorneys promoting
the bylaw changes say they don't know of any lawsuits against
- Critics say the changes are unnecessary, but some churches
fear that it's only a matter of time before one of them is sued.
- "I thought marriage was always between one man and one
woman, but the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision said no,"
said Gregory S. Erwin, an attorney for the Louisiana Baptist
Convention, an association of Southern Baptist churches and one
several groups advising churches to change their bylaws. "I
think it's better to be prepared because the law is changing.
America is changing."
- In a June decision, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a
provision of the federal Defense of Marriage Act that defined
marriage as between a man and a woman for purposes of federal
law. A second decision was more technical but essentially ushered
in legal gay marriage in California. Continued: http://www.local12.com/news/features/
- ATHEISTS CAN SUE IRS OVER FAILURE TO ENFORCE LIMITS
ON CHURCHES' POLITICAL SPEECH
- The Huffington Post | By Nick Wing Posted: 08/21/2013 7:20
pm EDT | Updated: 08/22/2013 1:30 pm EDT
- The Freedom From Religion Foundation took home an important
victory on Monday, when a federal judge in Wisconsin ruled that
the group could proceed with its lawsuit over the Internal Revenue
Service's alleged failure to enforce a ban on partisan politicking
by tax-exempt religious groups.
- The IRS had earlier filed a motion to dismiss the case, which
the national foundation for atheists and agnostics had filed
after the November elections last year. U.S. District Judge Lynn
Adelman denied the motion on Monday, writing that the FFRF "has
standing to seek an order requiring the IRS to treat religious
organizations no more favorably than it treats the Foundation."
- Tax-exempt religious organizations, as well as other educational
and charitable groups registered under 501(c)(3) of the federal
tax code, are prohibited from partisan electioneering. The FFRF
suit contends that the IRS is failing to enforce that restriction
particularly when it comes to churches, which the group argues
constitutes a violation of the establishment clause of the First
Amendment. The suit also claims that the alleged IRS inaction
undermines equal protection rights by giving preferential treatment
to tax-exempt religious organizations over other 501(c)(3) groups,
including the FFRF. Continued: http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/1kxv4j/atheists_can_sue_irs_over_
- ATHEIST GROUP SUES IRS FOR 'DISCRIMINATING AGAINST' SECULAR
By Eric W. Dolan - Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:50 EDT -
- The Wisconsin-based Freedom from Religion Foundation (FFRF)
has filed a lawsuit with the Internal Revenue Service, alleging
that churches and religious non-profits receive unconstitutional
preferential treatment unavailable to secular groups.
- Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations must file a
detailed application form, fee and annual information to obtain
and maintain their tax-exempt status. However, churches and other
religious organizations are exempted from the requirement to
file the reports and fees, which the lawsuit describes as detailed,
intrusive, and expensive.
- The FFRF alleges it is unconstitutional for the IRS to provide
benefits to churches and religious organizations while
discriminating against secular non-profit groups solely
on the basis of religious criteria.
- The preferential treatment provided to churches and
other affiliated religious organizations constitutes an exclusive
and discriminatory benefit to religion in violation of the Establishment
Clause, as well as the equal protection rights required by the
Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment to the United States
Constitution, states the lawsuit filed Thursday in U.S.
District Court in Madison. Continued: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/30/atheist-group-sues-irs-for-
- CALIFORNIAS BATHROOM BILL
- Church News Notes, July 12, 2013, David Cloud: The following
is excerpted from California Lawmakers, Christian
News, July 5, 2013: California lawmakers have passed a
bill mandating schools to allow boys to use girls restrooms
and vice versa if they identify with the opposite gender. As
previously reported, AB 1266, also known as the Bathroom
Bill, serves as an amendment to the Education Code and
requires all schools in the state to comply with its mandates.
- A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex_segregated
school programs, activities, and facilities, including athletic
teams and competitions, consistent with his or her gender identity,
irrespective of the gender listed on the pupils records,
the legislation reads. ... Similar legislation recently passed
in Delaware despite outcry from Christians, and in Colorado,
the state Civil Rights Division ruled that a school district
discriminated against a 6-year-old boy when it stopped him from
using the girls restroom after he began to dress as--and
identify as--a girl.
- IN AN ARMAGGEDON-LIKE VIDEO, NASA OUTLINES ITS CONTROVERSIAL
ASTEROID RETRIEVAL MISSION
- By The Christian Science Monitor - Saturday, August 24, 2013
- NASA has released a new concept video that animates its ambitious
plan, called the Asteroid Retrieval Mission, to snag an asteroid
and then send a manned spacecraft to sample it, all between the
years 2018 and 2021.
- The new videos theme music is as dramatic as the political
debate over NASAs future that the mission has furnished,
dividing congress along partisan lines over just how much the
government is willing to spend on a plan that NASA Administrator
Charles Bolden has called one to protect our home planet
and that Republican congressman Steven Palazzo has deemed a costly
and complex distraction.
- NASAs new video shows the final bookend of its proposed
mission, beginning with the launch of a manned Orion capsule
toward an asteroid that a robotic capture vehicle has already
bagged up out in space.
- In the video, Orion hurtles through a space landscape stylized
in celestial blues and purples in a trip that takes just nine
days, thanks to a quick tour around the moon and a little help
from its gravity. Once at the asteroid, Orion attaches to the
robotic capture vehicle so that the team can exit the craft to
sample and photograph the snagged asteroid, wrapped up in white
material, like a bubble-wrapped gift. It takes ten more days
for Orion to return to Earth, parachuting into the ocean.Continued:
- HOMELAND SECURITY EMPLOYEE PROMOTES MASS GENOCIDE OF WHITES
By Scott Kaufman - Friday, August 23, 2013 13:34 EDT - A new
report by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) identifies Ayo
Kimathi, who works for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement
(ICE) division of Homeland Security, as the Irritated Genie,
the author of a site that advocates the mass murder of whites
and homosexuals. The site, War on the Horizon, dedicates its
time and expertise to properly educating Black people to
prepare for Racial Warfare
that will mean the end of white
rule on this planet or the end of the Black Race as we know it.
- Because he is employed by a law enforcement agency, Kimathi
had to obtain official permission, in writing, for his outside
activities. He told his supervisors that his anti-white, anti-LGBT
site was an entertainment outfit on which he sold videos of concerts
and lectures. He referred to it only by the acronym WOH,
making it difficult for his superiors to investigate. A former
supervisor who spoke to the SPLC said that if Kimathi had adequately
and truthfully described his group, he would not have been
granted permission. He is responsible for procuring guns and
ammunition for ICE, and according to this same supervisor, is
one of the divisions public faces, representing it at various
trade shows and vendor events.
- Among the videos available on his site are ones in which
he warns that the Homophiles are coming, and that
black resistance to the white-sex [gay] assault begins
with the Brothers and Sisters on the Afrikan continent
true leadership in the fight against the expansion of white-sex
among Black people. He criticizes President Obama for being
a treasonous mulatto scum dweller
who will fight against
reparations for Black people in amerikkka, but in favor of [gay]
rights for freaks in amerikkka and Afrika. Continued: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/23/
- "HOPE AFTER FAITH AN EX-PASTOR'S JOURNEY FROM BELIEF
- [Ednote: EX Pastor DeWitt based his faith on people rather
than God Himself. The shepherds are leaving the flock, just as
the Bible prophesied in Ezekiel 34:7-10]
By Jerry DeWitt - Former Pentecostal preacher turned atheist
Jerry Dewitt recalls his loss of faith and the succeeding termination
of his relationship with his wife, friends, and parishioners
in DeRidder, Louisiana. Jerry Dewitt speaks at Garden District
Bookshop in New Orleans. About the Authors - Jerry DeWitt
- Jerry DeWitt is a former Pentecostal preacher. For more information,
- Book Description Publication Date:June 25, 2013
Atheisms leading lights have long been intellectuals raised
in the secular and academic worlds: Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris,
and the late Christopher Hitchens. By contrast, Jerry DeWitt
was born and bred into the church and was in fact a Pentecostal
preacher before arriving at atheism through an extraordinary
dialogue with faith that spanned more than a quarter of a century.
Hope After Faith is his account of that journey.
- DeWitt was a pastor in the town of DeRidder, Louisiana, and
was a fixture of the community. In private, however, hed
begun to question his faith. Late one night in May 2011, a member
of his flock called seeking prayer for her brother who had been
in a serious accident. As DeWitt searched for the right words
to console her, speech failed him, and he found that the faith
which once had formed the cornerstone of his life had finally
crumbled to dust. When it became public knowledge that DeWitt
was now an atheist, he found himself shunned by much of DeRidders
highly religious community, losing nearly everything hed
- DeWitts struggle for identity and meaning mirrors the
one currently facing millions of people around the world. With
both agnosticism and atheism entering the mainstreamone
in five Americans now claim no religious affiliation, according
to a recent studythe moment has arrived for a new atheist
voice, one that is respectful of faith and religious traditions
yet warmly embraces a life free of religion, finding not skepticism
and cold doubt but rather profound meaning and hope. Hope After
Faith is the story of one mans evolution toward a committed
and considered atheism, one driven by humanism, a profound moral
dimension, and a happiness and self-confidence obtained through
living free of fear. http://www.amazon.com/Hope-after-Faith-Ex-Pastors-ebook/dp/B00C2TWWUI
- 21 MEASLES CASES LINKED TO MEGACHURCH IN TEXAS
- AP (photo) Measles cases put Texas megachurch under scrutiny.
This Aug. 27, 2013, photo shows a sign at the entrance of the
Kenneth Copeland Ministries Eagle Mountain Church, in Newark,
Texas. The Texas megachurch is linked to at least 21 cases of
measles and has been trying to contain the outbreak by hosting
vaccination clinics, officials said. By Jamie Stengle, Associated
Press Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013 | 5:34 p.m
NEWARK, Texas The teachings of televangelist Kenneth Copeland
and his family focusing on the virtues of trusting God to keep
healthy are under scrutiny after a cluster of measles cases linked
to his family's North Texas megachurch revealed many congregants
hadn't been vaccinated against the highly contagious disease.
- Kenneth Copeland Ministries has won supporters worldwide
through television programs, crusades, conferences and prayer
request networks. He was a pioneer of the prosperity gospel,
which holds that believers are destined to flourish spiritually,
physically and financially.
- Although church officials were quick to act after the outbreak
including hosting clinics in August where 220 people received
immunization shots and have denied they are against medical
care or vaccinations, people familiar with the ministry say there
is a pervasive culture that believers should rely on God, not
modern medicine, to keep them well.
- "To get a vaccine would have been viewed by me and my
friends and my peers as an act of fear that you doubted
God would keep you safe, you doubted God would keep you healthy.
We simply didn't do it," former church member Amy Arden
told The Associated Press.
- Health officials say 21 people were sickened with the measles
after a person who contracted the virus overseas visited the
1,500-member Eagle Mountain International Church located on the
vast grounds of Kenneth Copeland Ministries in Newark, about
20 miles north of Fort Worth. Continued: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/aug/31/measles-
- 'ANGEL' CAUGHT ON HOME-SECURITY CAMERA
'I said, Lord, you blew my mind'
- Joe Kovacs - Published: 10 hours ago - today August 26, 2013
- WND - A West Virginia minister says he received a divine revelation
this month as he caught on camera what he believes is one of
Gods holy angels.
- Charles Shelton of Charleston, W.V., says it was early on
the morning of Aug. 4 when he awoke and felt an urgent need to
pray for his neighborhood.
- Shelton had recently installed a surveillance system for
his home, with a security camera posted outside.
- Shelton, who turns 48 Sept. 1, says as he was praying, I
was sent to go to the monitor. And when I went to the monitor
I appeared to see the angel of the Lord coming through the wall.
- The strange phenomenon was recorded, displaying a brilliant
ball of light that approaches Sheltons home, appears to
enter through the wall to his living room, and then exits a few
seconds later. The large circular light then returns and approaches
the home a second time at a slightly different angle.
- I waited and wondered what went on, and I was astonished
about this light, he told the Charleston Daily Mail. I
said, Man that must be the presence of the Lord.
Its kind of hard to figure out what was going on but the
Lord said for me to come down there and pray. When I began to
pray and saw that light, I said, Lord, you blew my mind.
- Some skeptics told Shelton, who has worked for UPS for 27
years, that the event may have been caused by a light or insect
near his home, but Shelton is convinced an angel was present.
- WIDER EXEMPTIONS SOUGHT FOR CHURCHES IN HAWAII
- By Honolulu Star-Advertiser (HI) August 29, 2013 12:15 pm
- Resigned to the political reality that gay marriage might soon
become state law, several state lawmakers who are uncomfortable
with gay marriage are calling for a broader exemption for churches
that do not want religious facilities used for gay weddings.
- The draft of a marriage equality bill being discussed at
the state Capitol clearly states that the clergy and others have
a constitutional right to refuse to perform gay marriages, a
stronger declaration than is found in the state's civil unions
law. But some lawmakers contend the limited exemption for churches
to decline to make religious facilities available for gay marriages,
also modeled after the civil unions law, should be broader.
- Under the draft, churches could decline to make religious
facilities available if the churches restrict weddings to members
and do not operate the facilities as for-profit businesses. Churches
with religious facilities that are considered public accommodations
would not be able to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.
- Several churches allow couples that are not members to use
religious facilities to commemorate their wedding vows. Couples
purchase packages that can include ministers, organists, singers
and the use of cathedrals, sanctuaries and chapels. Continued:
- EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS LABELED AS "EXTREMISTS"
- By Bobby Eberle August 29, 2013 7:13 - The Pentagon is the
nation's hub for military activity. One would think this nerve
center would be hard at work training the next generation of
leaders to fight terrorists and other extremist groups. They
are... except you might be very surprised at what the Pentagon
is classifying as an "extremist" group.
- According to a report by Todd Starnes, "The Department
of Defense classified Catholics and Evangelical Christians as
religious extremists similar to Al-Qaeda, according to training
materials obtained by the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty."
- The revelations come just days after Judicial Watch discovered
a separate Pentagon training document that depicted the Founding
Fathers as extremists and conservative organizations as hate
- The Chaplain Alliance uncovered in more than 1,500 pages
of documents obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request
after a U.S. Army training instructor told a Reserve unit based
in Pennsylvania that Catholicism, Evangelical Christianity, Al
Qaeda, Hamas, Sunni Muslims, and the Ku Klux Klan were examples
- What is going on here? Why are these types of characterizations
allowed in Barack Obama's Department of Defense?
- In the training manual, which was obtained by Judicial Watch,
it is noted that "many extremists will talk of individual
liberties, states' rights, and how to make the world a better
place." Wow... does that sound extremist to you? The manual
actually states that "the colonists who sought to free themselves
from British rule" are an example of "extremist ideologies
and movements." (Video) Continued: http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2013/08/29/evangelical-christians-labeled-as-
- ARCHBISHOP JUSTIN WELBY WANTS CHRISTIANS TO REPENT OVER WICKED
ATTITUDES TOWARDS HOMOSEXUALITY
- Aug 29, 2013 - theunhivedmind - Archbishop urges Christians
to repent over wicked attitude to homosexuality
- The vast majority of people under 35 think that the Christian
attitude to gay people is wicked and incomprehensible,
the Archbishop of Canterbury has said.
- By John Bingham, Religious Affairs Editor3:40PM BST 28 Aug
- The Most Rev Justin Welby told an audience of traditional
born-again Christians that they must repent over
the way gay and lesbian people have been treated in the past
and said most young people viewed Christians as no better than
racists on the issue.
- Archbishop Welby, who as a young priest once opposed allowing
gay couples to adopt children, said the church now had to face
up to what amounted to one of the most rapid changes in public
- While insisting that he did not regret voting against same-sex
marriage in the House of Lords, he admitted that his own mind
was not yet clear on the wider issues which he was
continuing to think about.
- And he admitted that, despite its strong official opposition
to allowing same-sex couples to marry, the Church is still deeply
and profoundly divided over gay marriage.
- The Archbishop, who comes from the evangelical wing of the
Church, which takes a more traditional interpretation of the
Bible, publicly opposed the Governments Same-sex Marriage
Act while it was being debated earlier this year.
- But he told the General Synod in July that the strength of
feeling he encountered in support prompted him to reassess his
own beliefs and urged them to face up to a revolution
in attitudes on sexuality.
- Yet his comments, at a meeting to dedicate a new headquarters
for the Evangelical Alliance, an umbrella group representing
hundreds of thousands of Christians, are by far his most outspoken
intervention on the subject so far.
- Noting the fact that it is the 50th anniversary of Martin
Luther Kings I have a dream speech, he urged
Christians to speak out about what they are in favour of rather
than simply what they are against. Continued:
- LORD CAREY SAYS THAT GAY MARRIAGE PLAN WILL PAVE THE WAY
- May 31, 2013 theunhivedmind.com http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22727808
- Gay marriage plan paves way for polygamy, says
Lord Carey. Same-sex marriage sets a dangerous precedent
which could lead to sibling marriage or polygamy, says Lord Carey.
Ahead of the Lords debate on the bill next week, the former archbishop
of Canterbury argued there could be unintended consequences.
- He has previously courted controversy by likening critics
of gay marriage to persecuted Jews in Nazi Germany.
- Gay rights group Stonewall said the comments were regrettable
and accused the peer of hyperbolic shroud waving.
Lord Carey has been a vocal opponent of the governments
Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill for England and Wales, which
will be debated by peers on Monday.
- It is expected to face a tough passage through the Lords
crossbench peer and former West Midlands chief constable
Lord Dear has tabled an amendment to refuse it a second reading
which if passed would effectively kill the bill.
- The government has confirmed that if the Lords debate over-runs,
the vote will be carried over until the next day, amid warnings
that with 86 peers asking to speak it could be
otherwise be lost in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
- In an article for the think tank Civitas, Lord Carey, who
is a member of the House of Lords, argues that the government
is effectively seeking to change the definition of marriage to
a long-term commitment between two people of any sex, in
which gender and procreation are irrelevant.
- He says he does not want to be alarmist, but
that could logically be extended to say, two sisters bringing
up children together or multiple relationships, such
as two women and one man.
- Ultimately, the proposed legalisation of same-sex marriage
represents a paradigm shift in our understanding of marriage,
he argues. Continued: http://theunhivedmind.com/wordpress3/2013/05/31/lord-carey-says-that-gay-
- ANTI-SHARIA BILL PASSED IN NORTH CAROLINA WITHOUT
GOVERNOR PAT MCCRORY'S SIGNATURE
- Religion News Service | By Omar Sacirbey - Posted: 08/27/2013
12:39 pm EDT | Updated: 08/27/2013 1:35 pm (RNS) North Carolina
became the seventh state to prohibit its judges from considering
Islamic law after Gov. Pat McCrory allowed the bill to become
law without formally signing it.
- McCory, a Republican, called the law unnecessary,
but declined to veto it. The bill became law on Sunday (Aug.
- The state joins Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South
Dakota, and Tennessee.
- Supporters hailed the bill as an important safeguard that
protects the American legal system from foreign laws that are
incompatible with the U.S. Constitution, while critics argued
that the bills only purpose is to whip-up anti Muslim hatred
because the Constitution already overrides foreign laws.
- The intent behind this law is bigoted and it is intended
to alienate the Muslim community, said Jibril Hough, a
spokesman for the Islamic Center of Charlotte.
- The North Carolina ban is limited to family law; bans in
other states are broader, applying to commercial law, contract
law and other types of laws.
- Lawyers specializing in Islamic law said such legislation
could make it harder for Muslim women married in Islamic countries
under Shariah law to obtain alimony and child support payments
because husbands will be able to argue they were never married.
Judges will be prohibited from recognizing those Shariah marriage.
- VATICAN OPPOSITION TO SYRIA STRIKES RAMPS UP, POPE FRANCIS
CALLS FOR PEACE VIGIL
- By NICOLE WINFIELD 09/04/13 07:44 AM ET EDT .
Pope Francis celebrates the Assumption Day mass in the Castelgandolfo's
central square on August 15, 2013. AFP PHOTO / POOL/ ALESSANDRO
BIANCHI (Photo) Religion Newsletters:
VATICAN CITY -- The Vatican is ramping up its opposition to threatened
military strikes against Syria as it draws attention to Pope
Francis' plans to host a day of fasting and prayer for peace
- The Vatican has invited all ambassadors accredited to the
Holy See to attend a briefing Thursday on the pope's agenda for
the four-hour vigil Saturday night in St. Peter's Square, and
bishops' conferences from around the world have announced plans
to host local versions of the vigil as well.
- Even the Vatican's often dysfunctional bureaucracy seems
to be on message with the initiative, Francis' first major foray
into international diplomacy since being elected in March.
- The No. 2 of the Vatican's justice and peace office warned
earlier this week that military action in Syria could spark a
world war. The head of its office for families wrote a letter
to Catholics urging parents to offer their children an "austere
and minimal lunch" Saturday to participate in Francis' fast.
And the cardinal in charge of the Vatican's office for Eastern
rite Catholics warned in an interview with the Vatican newspaper
that Christian minorities in the region would suffer the most
from any military intervention. Continued: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/04/
- THIS IS AN eBook unavailable last I looked (Temporarily).
- In recent weeks we have included several important articles
in our newsletter about the future of the European Union. Of
particular note was an important statement by EU Commission President
Jose Manuel Barroso that fiscal union in the Eurozone will lead
to "intensified political union" for all 27 member
states. "The commission will, therefore, set out its views
and explicit ideas for treaty change in order for them to be
debated before the European elections (Spring 2014). We want
to put all the elements on the table, in a clear and consistent
way, even if some of them may sound like political science fiction
today. They will be reality in a few years' time."
- French President Francois Hollande has echoed Mr Barroso's
comments and is calling for an economic government
for the Eurozone and political union in Europe within
- Such statements should send shock waves to those who follow
Bible Prophecy but it seems few have noticed such comments. Leaders
in Europe are clearly looking to move forward with economic and
political integration in the near future and we though it was
an import time to re-examine the Biblical concept for a Revived
Roman Empire and the possibility that such an empire will be
where the Antichrist will emerge from.
- The difficulty with books or even DVD's on such subjects
is that events are happening so fast that by the time they are
produced events have changed to make them outdated. The advantage
of this Ebook report is that not only does it have the most up
to date information on this subject but it is available instantly.
No shipping required.
- Few publications have gone as in-depth as this report on
the subject. Inside this report you will find answers to some
of these questions:
- - Why did one of the 20th century's most respected Bible
scholars come to the conclusion that the Bible provides overwhelming
proof that there would be a revival of the Roman Empire in the